Monday, December 10, 2012

#weverb12 update 8 - 9

Again, the weekend got busy, and though I did post these to Instagram, it never made it's way here.


8. respond [LISTEN]: Do you actively listen to your inner voice/conscience? Describe a time this year you heard and responded to it.



My inner voice is my constant companion.  The little Jiminy Cricket inside has encouraged/restrained/guided me through the ups and downs of this year.  There's been plenty of times I've wanted to impulsively act on anger and many of those times I stopped to listen to that voice that says...wait. breathe. Actions and words have the power to damage, and while they can be forgiven it's never forgotten.  Sometimes you just have to stop and listen. Take the view in from a different perspective.


9. triumph [CREATE]: How were you challenged by a project or goal this year? What did you learn from it?



While there are many things I'm not proud of, and many of those which occurred in this past year, I am proud of how I've been as a mom.  There was one goal I had in mind, and that was to do the best I could do for LLM.  That included breastfeeding for a year. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to not have to pump anymore, but knowing i'm only 3 weeks away from hitting that goal out of 52 weeks?...Dammit I'm gonna finish.

Honestly, I can't think of anything else that I can say "I wouldn't change anything about what I did" except for what I've done as a mom.  It's a learning experience, and I've learned a lot...but despite the hurdles, I came out triumphant.

No comments:

Post a Comment