Tuesday, December 11, 2012

#weverb12, 11

11. spend/save [LIVE]: Are you richer or poorer this year, compared to last year?


First off. What kind of empty question is this? I know the prompts are suppose to be open ended, inspiring reflection but I'm not sure this one really inspires me today.

Financially, I'm poorer. In fact. I'm darn near broke.  I have a spending problem, which doesn't allow for much savings.  Plus having kids is expensive.  I'm ok with that, knowing I'm richer in most of the other aspects of my life.  Wealth isn't about money.  Cliche, but true.  I have grown closer to friends and family.  I have the innocence of LLM and the fascination in everything around us.  I mean, having LLM in my life enriches my life a hundred fold.  That's worth every failing in the past year.  I've branched out and met a whole new group of people whom inspire me every week to get out there.  And, I have a new endeavor which will at some point add more financially to my life as well...at some point.

Financially next year I will probably be broke.  But, I know that would only be temporary.  I can find ways to make more...  In the words of Grandpa George (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) "There's plenty of money out there, they print more every day...but this ticket-there's only five of them in the whole world, and that's all there's ever going to be.  Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?" NO SIR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment