Friday, December 21, 2012

Flu Season

Ugh. Flu season.  LM caught the flu...and got an ear infection at the same time! Poor baby.  It really didn't help that I caught the flu too (probably from him) and was laid out for 2 days, should have been 3.  It's been a week and I still feel like crap!  But enough whining about my sore achey flu ridden self...

LLM has been just fighting the sniffles for 2 months now, on and off again sick with something.  Colds, stuffy noses, ...roseola... and now, the flu plus ear infection.  I couldn't even tell that he had an ear infection, he didn't give any signs that it was bothering him.  I started noticing I was fighting the losing battle with a virus on Sunday, and that evening when the little guy came back home to me I noticed he wasn't feeling so well.  Verified by his daddy who said he spit up his dinner.  (next time daddy...use PUKED instead of spit up if its more than a mouthful)  The next morning he had a fever.  Gave him tylenol which helped and he was eating and drinking fine so off to work I went.  Next thing I know my sitter calls me and tells me he's not eating or drinking and he has a fever of 103.9°F OK well...we get to the doc's office later that evening and she takes a look and then here he turns out to have his very first ear infection AND the flu.

Nothing we can do about the flu...sorry bud. We just gotta let our bodies fight it.  Here's some tylenol/motrin though for the symptoms.

But for the ear infection...antibiotics.  He's not been on those yet. His dad and I are both allergic to penicillin so I asked the doc if it makes him more susceptible to it as well.  She said not necessarily, but amoxicillin is the best one to use for antibiotics so we're gonna try it.... OK doc. I trust ya.  Well in true LLM fashion, he was fine with it.  Actually he quite likes drinking it.  He gets excited when he sees the dosing spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment